8 CPE CREDITS / 1 DAY / TAXES / UPDATE
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act represents the largest change in tax law since the big Tax Reform Act of 1986. This seminar will cover all the important details which tax professionals need in order to advise clients how they will be affected by this massive tax act. The legislation is quite complicated, but it will all be explained in plain English with many examples to make it understandable. The manual contains over 50 chapters covering all the changes that affect individuals as well as businesses.
- The seminar covers new tax rates and brackets
- New standard deductions
- New credits
- Big changes on Schedule A
- The seminar covers the new 20% Qualified Business Income Deduction
- New limitations on business losses and interest expense
- Restrictions on deducting certain expenses as well as the big changes in depreciation
- For all businesses, it has become necessary to revisit the choice of entity. The course shows how this should be tackled with examples that offer guidance to tax professionals.
- The course touches on changes in the areas of estate taxes and taxation of foreign income.
- As a bonus, the seminar will cover more recent tax legislation such as the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018 and the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2018.
All seminars start at 8:15 a.m. and conclude 4:30 p.m. Lunch included. Registration from
7:15 a.m. to 8:10 a.m.
Objective – To familiarize participant with recent developments and/or update to foundation concepts and practical applications in the seminar listed above.
Instruction Delivery Method – Group-Live
Program Level – Intermediate
All seminars listed above require a basic knowledge of federal tax laws and provide the latest updates for the course topic covered. Attendee should have one year experience in tax preparation. There are no other prerequisites or advanced preparation required to take these courses