8 CPE CREDITS / 1 DAY / ACCOUNTING / INTERMEDIATE
This seminar is also available as 2 day seminar. All topics listed below are the same as the 2 day seminar but will not be as comprehensive.
The 2018 Gear Up accounting course is designed to give practitioners the information they need to provide audit, review, compilation, and preparation engagements for small and mid-sized companies.
This course is more than just an update and covers a wide variety of topics including:
- Core concepts related to financial reporting and accounting and review services
- Critical updates to professional standards.
- Features many exhibits, examples, and other practical takeaways to help you implement the content presented.
- SSARS 21 implementation
- Newer SSARS standards 22, 23, and 24 review
- Core concepts in financial statement presentation and disclosure
- Practice management and quality control issues
- Specialized practice areas (divorce engagements, personal financial statements, and industry-specific risks and considerations)
- Special considerations in performing audits and reviews, including using and improving analytical procedures and understanding fraud risks.
All seminars start at 8:15 a.m. and conclude at 4:30 p.m. Lunch included. Registration from 7:15 a.m. to 8:10 a.m.
Objective – To familiarize participant with recent developments and/or update to foundation concepts and practical applications in the seminars listed above.
Instruction Delivery Method – Group-Live
Program Level – Intermediate
All seminars listed above require a basic knowledge of federal tax laws and provide the latest updates for the course topic covered.
There are no other prerequisites or advanced preparation required to take these courses.