8 CPE CREDITS / 1 DAY / ACCOUNTING / INTERMEDIATE
This seminar is also available as 2 day seminar. All topics listed below are the same as the 2 day seminar but will not be as comprehensive.
The 2017 Gear Up accounting course is designed to give practitioners the information they need to provide audit, review, compilation and preparation engagements for small and mid-sized companies.
This course is more than just an update and covers a wide variety of topics including…
- In-depth look at SSARS standards including SSARS 21 implementation and newer SSARS standards 22 and 23
- Summary of core concepts in financial statement presentation and disclosure, including presentation form and style, common disclosures, the statement of cash flows, the statement of comprehensive income, special purpose frameworks and the income tax basis of accounting
- Practice management and quality control issues including an overview of the peer review checklist, quality control standards, professional standards related to tax services and accounting services and practice continuation agreements
- Specialized practice areas including divorce engagements, personal financial statements and industry-specific risks and considerations
- Special considerations in performing audits and reviews including using and improving analytical procedures and understanding fraud risks
- Accounting and auditing update including a practical summary of the new standards from FASB and AICPA that affect your practice (including an overview of critical new accounting standards-related leases and revenue recognition, recently issued FASB simplification standards, new audit standards
All seminars start at 8:15 a.m. and conclude at 4:30 p.m. Lunch included. Registration from 7:15 a.m. to 8:10 a.m.
Objective – To familiarize participant with recent developments and/or update to foundation concepts and practical applications in the seminars listed above.
Instruction Delivery Method – Group-Live
Program Level – Intermediate
All seminars listed above require a basic knowledge of federal tax laws and provide the latest updates for the course topic covered.
There are no other prerequisites or advanced preparation required to take these courses.